By Lissa Harris on Monday, Dec. 5, 2011 - 9:16 am
Video: A news clip from WNYT 13, which reported on Saturday's fire. An electrical fire at a house in Greenville on Saturday, December 3 killed 17-year-old Vincent Greco, a Coxsackie resident and student at Greenville High, the Daily Mail reports. Greco... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011 - 9:27 am
Above: Video by the Daily Freeman. The Freeman reports today that Saugerties couple Debbie Bundschuh and Rick Gailor narrowly escaped an early-morning fire that destroyed their house on West Saugerties Road. The hero of the story is Max, a two-year-old... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 - 12:43 pm
Italian street artist Paolo Buggiani rides a flaming bicycle down Main Street in front of the Andes Hotel on Friday, October 7, 2011. Diners on the porch of the Andes Hotel on Friday evening got a little spectacle along with their supper: A brief but... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011 - 10:01 am
Eugene E. Gundelach, the owner of the Margaretville building on Main Street that burned down on September 17, is no longer being accused of starting the fire, according to the Catskill Mountain News. Gundelach was arrested on September 17 after the blaze... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Monday, Oct. 3, 2011 - 1:32 pm
A fire that broke out at the Brooklyn Bottling Co. in Milton in the early evening on Sunday, October 2 has damaged the building and temporarily shut down the factory, the Times Herald-Record reports. [Milton fire chief Stephen] Kneeter said 15 fire... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Sunday, Sep. 18, 2011 - 10:15 am
After a fire gutted an apartment building on Main Street Margaretville on Saturday, September 17, deputies from the Delaware County Sheriff's Office arrested the man who owns the building -- 58-year-old Eugene E. Gundelach -- on charges of arson. The... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Saturday, Sep. 17, 2011 - 2:49 pm
Above: An apartment building in the village of Margaretville burned on Saturday. Photo by Reginald Oberlag. 2:45pm update: We just received more photos and a report from another witness to the fire, Reginald Oberlag. Here's what he sent us via email:... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Thursday, Jun. 16, 2011 - 12:46 pm
Around 11:15am this morning, firefighters and firetrucks descended on the town of Andes in response to a report of smoke and electrical smells in the basement of 85 Main Street, which houses Apple Tree Realty and Woody's County Kitchen. No fire or smoke... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Wednesday, Jun. 15, 2011 - 12:48 pm
9:30pm update, by Julia Reischel: The early-morning fire that destroyed part of the former Fleischmanns School today was probably sparked by an electrical problem in the basement of the building, Fleischmanns fire chief Todd Wickham said this evening.... Read more


Subscribe to fire