By Lissa Harris on Sunday, Apr. 22, 2012 - 10:50 pm
The Daily Mail reports that on Saturday, an unattended cigarette sparked a blaze at a home in Catskill that left a family homeless and kept six fire departments busy through the afternoon: The six-alarm fire was called in at 1:32 p. m. Saturday and first... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Monday, Apr. 16, 2012 - 10:13 am
Above: YouTube footage of a fire at the Grandview Palace in Fallsburg. Early on in the video, a woman - presumably a resident of the complex - can be heard saying, "Well, there goes our first investment in real estate." For the second weekend in a row,... Read more
By wateradmin on Thursday, Apr. 12, 2012 - 5:55 pm
By Lissa Harris on Monday, Apr. 9, 2012 - 10:54 am
Above: Video of fire at the Tamarack Lodge from the Times Herald-Record. Wildfire raged across the property of the former Tamarack Lodge on Route 52 in Greenfield Park over the weekend, destroying dozens of buildings and calling hundreds of firefighters... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Wednesday, Mar. 28, 2012 - 10:25 am
Above: WNYT's report on the fire at the Red Barn Restaurant in Summit on Monday. Today's forecast for the Catskills region is looking pretty soggy -- but earlier this week, dry weather and high winds were a recipe for increased risk of fires. Several... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Friday, Mar. 16, 2012 - 10:18 am
Above: Raw video from a fire at a yeshiva in Kiamesha Lake from the Times Herald-Record. On the evening of Thursday, March 15, a massive fire broke out in the dormitory of a boys' yeshiva (a Jewish religious school) in Kiamesha Lake near Monticello. The... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Friday, Mar. 9, 2012 - 9:34 am
Above: Photo from the scene of a fire at 14 Brunel Drive in Boiceville, taken by Ralph VanKleeck Jr. of the Olive Fire Department. Reproduced with permission. A fire that started in a garage caused major damage to a home on Brunel Drive in Boiceville on... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012 - 11:46 am
A fire early this morning destroyed the Slice of Athens pizza parlor and pub, at 29 South Washington Street in the Greene County village of Athens. The fire also destroyed some phone lines, as well as a fiberoptic cable that supplies cable television and... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Monday, Feb. 6, 2012 - 4:22 pm
The Times Herald-Record reports that a fire at the Monticello Garden Apartment Complex on Moon Manor Road last night left a 6-year-old child dead: The fire in Apt. No. 61 was reported at 9:27 p.m. Monticello firefighters and police arrived within 4... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Monday, Dec. 12, 2011 - 8:52 am
In today's Daily Star: A fire at a home on Marvin Avenue in Walton on Friday night has left a family of four homeless. No one was hurt in the blaze: At the time of the fire, some family members were sleeping, while others were awake, he said. One, a... Read more


Subscribe to fire