By Julia Reischel on Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014 - 9:56 am
Above: A photo of the Hill Cest Roller Rink in the village of Sidney, New York, on fire late on Tuesday, August 26. Photo via the Delaware County NY Fire Wire & Emergency News Facebook page. The Hill Crest Roller Rink, a nightlife institution for... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014 - 6:33 pm
The VW Parts building owned by infamous Fleischmanns junkyard operator William Hrazanek caught fire around 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26. The former junkyard, located at 717 Wagner Avenue, is in the process of being purchased with federal disaster funds as... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Monday, Aug. 18, 2014 - 2:45 pm
Above: A video of the blaze that killed a three-year-old boy in Liberty on Sunday, August 17. Source: Vos Iz Neias News.  A three-year-old Orthodox Jewish boy from Brooklyn died in a fire in a Liberty bungalow colony last night, according to the New York... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Friday, Aug. 15, 2014 - 8:38 am
Above: A sky lantern, a paper-and-bamboo balloon with a wax fuel source at the bottom, being released in England in 2010. Photo by Flickr user Keith Williamson.  Revelers at summer gatherings in the Catskills are sending flaming airborne balloons over... Read more
By Julie McMahon on Friday, Apr. 25, 2014 - 8:21 am
Above: Where the Mattice home stood on River Street in Stamford, only the chimney is left standing. Photo by Nick Mattice. As Nick Mattice jumped from the second story of the home he’d live in his whole life, the only thing running through his head was:... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Tuesday, Mar. 25, 2014 - 4:14 pm
Top: Fire engulfs the historic Rexmere Hotel around 11 a.m. on March 25, 2014. Photo by Chris Becker. To see a slideshow of the fire as it destroyed the building in about 20 minutes, see the bottom of this story.   Above: Video of the Rexmere collapsing... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Wednesday, Mar. 19, 2014 - 2:44 pm
A fast-moving fire destroyed a house on River Street in the village of Stamford last night, forcing a man, Nick Mattice, to jump to safety from the second floor of the structure before first responders arrived at the scene. No injuries were reported, but... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014 - 6:41 pm
Above: The scene of a propane explosion in the village of Stamford, taken around 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Damage can be seen on the side wall of the house on the right, 59 Main Street, where the explosion occurred. Photo by Michael Martin.  A propane... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014 - 11:20 am
Above: The Breens' house in Delhi after a fire gutted it on Februay 3. Photo by Fred Harris.  Two fundraisers are being held this weekend to benefit Gerard and Lilly Breen, whose Delhi home was destroyed in a fire on February 3. An email from Faiga... Read more
By agalunas on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014 - 3:26 pm


Subscribe to fire