Above: A fire engulfs a garage on Sunday, March 20. Photo via the Delaware County NY Fire Wire & Emergency New Facebook page.
A Harpersfield man was airlifted to Albany Medical Center with severe injuries to his face after an explosion at his Delaware County garage, according to mulitple local newspapers, including the Mountain Eagle, the Daily Star and WBNG.
The Eagle has the most complete story.
The paper reports that the fire began around 11:20 a.m. on Sunday when Kevin Rhinehart, the owner of the building, cut a barrel that has been used to store gasoline, causing an explosion. Rhinehart was injured in the blast, the paper reports, and is recovering.
Around 75 local firefighters battled the blaze on Sunday, the news outlets report. WBNG reports that the fire was extinguished within 30 minutes.
Below: A video of the fire taken by a witness and shared on the Schoharie Co Fire Wire and News Facebook page.
Shared to us, from early on at the Moxham Rd Fire
Posted by Schoharie Co. Fire Wire & News on Sunday, March 20, 2016