Greater Roxbury Business Association (GRBA) in partnership with the Town of Roxbury invites you to its traditional annual event Celebrate Roxbury Summer Festival. The event takes place Saturday, July 1, from 9:30 am to 4 pm in Roxbury’s commercial and historic district. Building on the longstanding Roxbury Sidewalk Festival, Celebrate Roxbury continues the tradition of live music and entertainment, children’s games and activities, barbecues, crafts, and sights that Roxbury is known for.
The festivities will kick off with a Traditional Catskill Mountain Parade—fire trucks, scout troops, school bands, and much more. The Delaware County Princess and entourage will be represented in the parade as well as Cars 4 a Cause. Artists and artisans will showcase their crafts, and local businesses will host tastings and silent auctions. Writers in the Mountains and Roxbury General will present Raining Poetry Project – poems by local poets will be stenciled on the sidewalk and visible when wet. Watering cans will be made available at Roxbury General (now at its new Main Street location). Roxbury Library Association will host its popular annual bazaar and silent auction (bidding from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm; results announced at 2 pm). The Rotary will be selling ice cream, the Roxbury Fire Department will be selling hot dogs and hamburgers, and the Methodist Church will be hosting a chicken BBQ.
Highlights from the program include:
· Live entertainment with Country Express, a Delaware County based country music band, and The Hot Pots, an all-female band specialized in the 1940s – 1960s songs;
· The Blue Ribbon Cloggers, who will be doing more than just clogging …
· The Brooklyn Aerodrome will be doing RC airplane buddy boxing (student driving for pilots), glider building and air powered rocket building and launching starting at noon;
· Horse drawn carriage rides starting at 11 am;
· Pop-Up Art Show at Orphic Gallery;
· Poetry Reading at Roxbury General at 3 pm;
· Roxbury Wine and Spirits will have a tasting from 11 am to 2 pm;
· Round Back Antiques will be spinning songs of yester year on original Edison gramophone, and Victor talking machines;
· Roxbury Arts Groups will have morning children arts and crafts projects that include: Ferocious Fish, Nature Rubbings and Print Making, to name a few;
· Petting Zoo;
· Guided tours throughout the Historic District will take place throughout the entire day.
For more information, visit our website at visitroxbury.com, or email [email protected].
Greater Roxbury Business Association (GRBA) for the Town of Roxbury, NY is a community / grassroots organization comprised of business owners and self-employed individuals working to increase awareness of existing businesses in the community, and to build a more cohesive and prosperous business environment, to serve the hamlets of Roxbury, Grand Gorge and Denver. The GRBA receives technical assistance from the MARK Project -- a 501 ( c ) (3) not-for-profit community and economic development organization. For more information, visit roxburybusinessassociation.com.