This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Saugerties|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Lexington Farmers' Market|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Pakatakan Market|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Morris|
|(9/2) Group Multimedia Fundraiser Exhibit Opening Reception|
|(8/27 & 8/28) Plein Air Painting Workshop|
|Now accepting donations for our annual Silent Auction & Rummage Sale|
|(8/27) Darlingside (award-winning Indie-folk)|
|ANDES HOTEL CANS & CLAMS FRIDAYS -HUMMEL'S MUG & ESQUELA AUG 26th & SEPT 2ND|
|O'Neill's Shire Pub- Server & Bartender Needed|
|Writers Exposed - WIM's Annual Summer Reading and Fundraising Event|
|Foundation Donor Sponsor Event|
|And the winners are....|
|Blue Skies and Warm Breezy Weather for Foundation Golf Tournament|
|Black-Eyed Susans Gone Wild (In Catskills Gardens)!|
|Mints of the Mountains II – Monarda (aka Beebalm)|
|Yarrow – Catskills Wildflower or Garden Flower?|
|Daylily vs. Lily Redux|
|First Presbyterian Church of Delhi Seeks Organist|
|“THE FIRST ARTIST IN AMERICA” JOHN VANDERLYN - MONUMENTS AND MEMORIALS|
|Central Catskills Abstract Co. Is Hiring -- Part-Time Office Assistant|
|MTC Is Hiring -- Accounting Assistant|
|CAR SHOW at the EMERSON! VROOM! VROOM!|
|BEES, HONEY & YOU returns by popular request - Saturday, August 27th!|
|The Catskill Recreation Center is Hiring: Morning Lifeguards|
|Callahan Catskill Real Estate's New Listing in Stamford NY by Joanne Callahan|
|FREE WINE TASTING!|
|Enchanted Evening ~ July 30. 6 - 9pm.|
|Author Reading/Book Signing ~ August 6|
|Hanah Mountain Resort Is Hiring|