This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Octoberfest Pig Roast Sunday, Oct. 11|
|Build a Scarecrow for a Good Cause ... Help Feed the Hungry|
|Fresh Beef, Chicken, and Stew Birds. And new Donkeys|
|Fixer Farmhouse, Halcott Center, $47,000|
|Spice Up Your Fall With Chai!|
|NEW from Tay Tea -- Organic Single Estate Teas!|
|Roscoe Beer Hosts A Wicked Good Time!|
|SAVE THE DATE: Trout Town Oktoberfest- October 17th|
|NYNJTC Is Hiring! Assistant Program Coordinator: Catskills (Part Time)|
|TALK SHOW OUTBREAK AT WIOX COMMUNITY RADIO|
|Catskill Cabaradio Live on WIOX tonight-9/12 at 7:00pm|
|Harvest Moon Ball honoree Chairperson of Foundation|
|Harvest Moon Ball October 17th|
|Position Available at Margaretville Health Foundation|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Colchester|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rosendale|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Morris|
|Celebrate Columbus Day in Roxbury|
|Bed & Eggs, Cozy B & B in Roxbury|
|Writers in the Mountains' Fourth Annual Essay Contest|
|Job Posting: Procurement Analyst|
|Don’t Get Caught in the Cold this Winter! Save with a FREE ACCESSORY!|
|Going Solar Makes $$ Sense|
|Get Solar Panels and Make Your Own Clean Energy - Oct. 3rd|
|Defeat Wild Parsnip!|
|1880s charm with glass, light, 2 fireplaces, pond and 8+ acres|
|Thanksgiving in Neutral Territory?|
|Woodsmen’s Festival at Hanford Mills Museum|
|Writing Myth: A Spillian Writing Imaginarium Sat. Sept 26|
|SWEET VIOLETS IN RHINEBECK- STARR LIBRARY - SEPTEMBER 24TH AT 7PM|
|Quilts Along the Delaware “The Delaware County Town and Country Quilters Guild” to Host Quilt Show at DCHA|
|Trip to Fort William Henry and Lake George Cruise|
|Two Brand-New Apartments For Rent In Fleischmanns|
|Join us in supporting Shandaken's Town Parks & Recreation Board!|
|OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH FROM 11AM TO 2 PM|
|Chili Cook Off and Town Wide Yard Sale This Weekend in Andes!|