This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Jay Gould: Robber baron or financial genius?|
|Can you hear me now?|
|Headwaters History Days 2016 - June 3-5|
|Final Kingston and Phoenicia trains this weekend|
|Tay Tea Celebrates Memorial Day Weekend in Delhi!|
|Celebrate Mother's Day at the new Tay Tea in Delhi!|
|Native Americans Talk, May 28|
|Food Workshop, May 14, 2016 ~ Revolutionary-War Era|
|Second Anniversary Wine Tasting!|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Woodstock Farm Festival|
|Your Hero’s Journey® Redux: A Mythological Toolbox® PlayShop 2016 July 10-15|
|Butterfly Foe – Garlic Cress!|
|Garden Friends! Tachinids (Not all flies are bloodsuckers)!|
|Garden Friend: The Bumble Bee!|
|Mints of the Mountains! 3 Easy Ground Covers for Catskills Gardens!|
|Deer Hill Farm - Country Estate w/ Private Swimming Lake in Damascus, PA|
|The Homestead: Sprawling 14 bedroom lakefront home, great for reunions/retreats, in Kauneonga Lake|
|Registration Opened for 4th Annual Golf Tournament|
|Margaretville Health Foundation and Peekamoose Partner for Celebrity Waiter Event|
|Catskill Mountain Family Lodge|
|A Living Heritage|
|Exceptional Catskills estate w/6BR lodge, guest house, tennis, ponds, paddocks and barns|
|Meet Joe Hewitt today!|
|Joe, John and Mountain Culture|
|All about porcupines this Saturday!|
|O'Neill's Shire Pub- Bartender Needed|
|O'Neill's Shire Pub Events|
|Book Discussion, Q&A and Signing with Eliot Cowan|
|The Workings of Honey Bee Hives Bee-Ginners Seminar|
|Walk Among the Weeds with Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower|
|Vendors Wanted for Great Catskill Mountain BBQ Fest - August 27|
|Become a Volunteer Firetower Observer!|
|Andes Hotel Mother's Day Brunch|