This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Summer Serenade at the Denver-Vega Old School Baptist Church|
|For Arts' Sake at RAG July 18th|
|Image of the day|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Cooperstown|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Delhi|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Woodstock Farm Festival|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rock Hill|
|Mid-century mod Catskills home on 11+ acres w/pond, privacy, solar panels|
|Lookout Farm: Converted barn, killer views, 115 acres, guest cottage and so much more|
|(8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27) East Meets West: Theater Workshop with Lanny Harrison|
|7/31 & 8/1: 28th Annual Shakespeare in the Valley at the West Kortright Centre|
|7/17-8/22 Paintings by Bette Alexander at the West Kortright Centre|
|Rails to the Catskills and Catskill Mountain House Documentaries on PBS affiliate WMHT-TV|
|MHF Golf Tournament August 6th Registration Form|
|Let us play matchmaker, for Golfing that is!|
|Foundation 5th Annual Donor and Sponsor Appreciation Event|
|Heirloom Daylilies and Fancy Ones Too!|
|A Geranium is not always a Geranium! Catskills Garden Geraniums|
|7.2-9.3 EVERY THURSDAY-TRIVIA NITE AT THE ANDES HOTEL, 7pm|
|CANS & CLAMS FRIDAYS AT THE ANDES HOTEL|
|Tomorrow at the Andes Hotel Michael Suchorsky & David Rissenberg with Night Sky|
|Job Posting: Stationary Engineer (Electric)|
|Job Posting: Mechanical Engineering Intern|
|Enchanted Evening at the Gideon Frisbee House - July 25 - 6pm.|
|Civil War Reenactment - July 18 and 19|
|Old Fashioned Photography at DCHA, Saturday, July 11 – 1pm.|
|Are You A Wild Woman?|
|A Night of Mountain Music with Two Dark Birds & Scott Hill|
|4th of July Weekend at Tay Tea|
|Pendants - Free Craft Workshop for Kids|
|Stories from the Field|
|Music! Cake! Fun!|
|Put on your dancing shoes, and bring the kids!|
|A movie and a square dance|
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|Catskill Recreation Center Hiring Business Manager, Lifeguards|
|NEW LISTINGS! Fabulous vacation rentals with lake or pool in scenic spots with great décor|