This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Catskills Ants in Action!|
|A Catskills forest dweller – the Rosy Maple Moth – Pretty in Pink!|
|Dicentra part II (Two Catskills wildflowers)|
|Dicentra Part I (Bleeding Hearts, or why do plant names change?)|
|A TASTE OF ANEMONE|
|Pizza Gardens for Kids|
|Swap Your Seeds!|
|How Do You Celebrate Spring?|
|Andes Central School Spring Picture Order Deadline|
|Repurposing on the Farm|
|Frost Warnings... Really?!|
|Spring Redecorating in the Henhouse|
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|Oneonta Remodeling Sale Going On At All Catalog Outlet Locations!|
|Spillian is Hiring! Special Event Servers Wanted!|
|Myth America, Tuesdays at 9 AM on WIOX Radio|
|Thanks to NYNJTC and Upstate Adventure Guides for a Great Year of Trail U at Spillian!|
|Fiber Arts Weekend and Fresh Chicken!|
|Fiber Arts Weekend at Heather Ridge Farm|
|Sunday May 24 BBQ, Fresh Chicken, New Summer Hours|
|Supper Club this Saturday, May 16|
|Free anniversary tastings starting Friday, May 22 at 5pm!|
|Memorial Day and One Year Anniversary Tasting Events!|
|Log Home at Silver Lake|
|A Living Heritage|
|See the Tinderbox's Grills In Action - Memorial Day Weekend|
|Lightweight, Portable Stoves for Campers and Backpackers|
|Memorial Day Weekend - Celebrate Ten Years of Tay Tea!|
|It's Time for Cold-Brew Iced Tea!|
|Celebrate Mother’s Day with Tay Tea!|
|Art in the Catskills This Memorial Day Weekend|
|Orquesta SCC Kicks of Summer Season at the Roxbury Arts Group|
|Roxbury Welcomes You This Memorial Day Weekend|
|Dreamy new landmark townhouse vacation rental in happening Hudson|
|Celebrating 'All Things Local' this week with Nicole Day Gray / All Things Hive321 with Theresa Spinelli|
|Celebrating 'All Things Local' this week with Nicole Day Gray / All Things Catskills Grit with Michael Wentland|
|Keeping Life Simple - Beautiful Bovina Farmhouse, 2 Ponds & 16+/- acres.|
|Rondout Creek Lodge: Sunny, streamfront home with great room and 2 fireplaces on 53 acres near waterfalls and Blue Hole|
|Spa Treatments for a Cause at the Emerson Resort & Spa|
|Last Minute Savings at the Emerson Spa|
|JOHN VANDERLYN IN VIRGINIA AND WASHINGTON, D.C.|
|Take Mom to the Andes Hotel on Sunday!|
|GCSWCD EDUCATION AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR|