This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Spillian Sundays: Voices from the Catskills | Elly Wininger, October 5|
|Trail U: FREE Intro to Map & Compass Navigation, Sunday, Sept. 14|
|Radical Gratitude: A Workshop On Unexpected Gifts Sat. October 4|
|9.20-BREWED IN AMERICA OKTOBERFEST-2pm to 6pm-ANDES HOTEL|
|A little is a LOT! 5.16 acres of seclusion|
|25th Anniversary Flyer!|
|Product Protection Plans are now available at The Catalog Outlet!|
|New Reclining Living Room Collection Sale Priced, Only While Supplies Last!|
|Tonight’s Show: Catskill Trees with Gary Mead – bitternut hickory (Carya cordiformis)|
|Tonight’s Show: Fleischmanns Woody Biomass Project with Todd Pascarella|
|Wild Food Foraging - Sunday, Oct. 5|
|Las Cafeteras - Saturday, Oct. 4|
|Chiara String Quartet - Saturday, Sept. 28|
|Suzy Bogguss at the West Kortright Centre - Sunday, Sept. 14|
|HealthAlliance Foundation Brings Back Cruisin’ for the Cure|
|Hudson River cruise Sept. 13 to raise funds for HealthAlliance ovarian cancer support program|
|FALL SALE – MENDOTA GAS FIREPLACES AND FIRE PLACE INSERTS|
|September ENVIRO Sale|
|End of Season SALE on FORNETTO Wood Fired Oven/Smoker|
|There’s Still Time - ANNIVERSARY SALE EXTENDED!|
|Meatloaf w/ Honey Glazed Carrots, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, & Gravy; Cod Filet Almandine; Local Arugula w/Caramelized Apples|
|The Foliage Seeker's Cycling Getaway|
|The Perfect Pair: Food & Fun in the Great Western Catskills|
|Eats & Entertainment in the Great Western Catskills|
|Enchanting cottage vacation rental w/hot tub in farm country, 15 mins to trendy Hudson|
|Terrific Labor Day rentals still available in Catskills and Hudson Valley, including romantic cottage and luxe house w/hot tub|
|BBQ Lunch honoring Shandaken's Parks & Playgrounds|
|2nd Annual Golf Tournament to benefit Margaretville Hospital and Mountainside Residential Care Center|
|Early Morning Line up of Carts for Margaretville Health Foundation Golf Tournament|
|Two Businesses for the Price of One|
|Farmer's Market of the Week: Stamford Pop-Up Market|