This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|4th of July Weekend at Tay Tea|
|Save $2 on Tay Tea's Most Popular Iced Tea!|
|Tea & Chat with Author Jeanette Bronée at Tay Tea|
|Tonight's Show: Wild Foraging with Marguerite|
|Tonight’s Show: Birch Syrup with Mike Porter|
|Wednesday Night’s Show: Catskill Trees with Gary Mead – Norway & Red Spruce|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rock Hill|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Pakatakan Market|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Lexington|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Barryville|
|Catskill Mountain Hide-A-Way|
|Retreat At Jones Lake - Own a 10 Acre Lake!|
|Cabin Hill Farmhouse|
|Ashokan water delivered to NY City - One Hundred Years ago|
|The most famous woman you've never heard of|
|Win this painting!|
|The New Kingston hub|
|Reserve a Cemetery Tour spot today!|
|TMTP Returns to the Roxbury Arts Group!|
|Free Tastings at Roxbury Wines & Spirits this July 4th Weekend!|
|GRBA Announces June 30 Mixer!|
|Contemporary Dance Come to Roxbury This Weekend|
|Brittany Elliott to Perform at Foundation Event on July 11th|
|3rd Annual Golf Tournament - Don't forget to Register|
|Delhi Garden Tour this weekend!|
|Foxgloves Gone Wild – a favorite Catskills flower!|
|Catskills Peonies – The Ultimate Heirloom Flower|
|FARM OF DISTINCTION! NESTLED IN THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE CATSKILLS|
|Country Living with Mountain Views Just Outside Historic Village of Franklin|
|VILLAGE GEM on WIDE HISTORIC TREE LINED STREET|
|Independence Day Celebration at Hanford Mills Museum|
|July Fourth weekend tasting events!|
|A Beautiful House and a Big Pond|
|PRICE REDUCED: Country Getaway, Just Two Hours from Tappan Zee!|
|Pizza Garden at the Round Barn Farmers Market|
|7 tips for healthy tomatoes|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainer|
|Your Hero’s Journey® Redux: A Mythological Toolbox PlayShop 2015 July 12-17|
|Myth America, Tuesdays at 9 AM on WIOX Radio|
|Primo Father's Day Sale|
|Country Living in Otego|
|Country Home With Pond on 5+ Acres in Guilford|
|WSKG announces NPR one: Hand-picked stories, on your schedule|
|Celebrating 'All Things Local' this week with Dwight Grimm / June 16th at 6pm on WIOX|
|Power outage disrupts MTC service|
|Good for what ails you, and to keep you from ailing: Salves, tinctures, balms, ointments, and oils|
|ANDES HOTEL 6.20-7th ANNUAL AMERICAN CRAFT BEER FEST|
|6.13-NIGHT SKY IN THE YELLOW ROOM, 7pm, at The Andes Hotel|
|Tomorrow at the Andes Hotel Live Music By Crane & McCoy, 7pm – 10pm|