This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 11:54 am
4/6/12 - 11:54 am
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Stay at Spillian this December!|
|Holiday Weekend Shopping at Tay Tea|
|Get Prepped for Thanksgiving at Tay Tea!|
|What's Better Than Sex?|
|Holiday Wedding Special!|
|Still Time For Senior Portraits!|
|PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR HEART IS. EMERSON SUPPORTS #SHOPLOCAL AND SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY ON NOVEMBER 28th|
|Black Friday Shines Bright at the Emerson with Festive Family Fun|
|Happy Thanksgiving Catskills|
|Happy Veterans Day|
|Administrative Coordinator Position Open|
|Wednesday Night’s Show: Catskill Critter Quiz|
|Tonight’s Show: Meet Ray Derman – Youth in Conservation|
|Wednesday Night’s Show: Challenging The North American Model for Wildlife Conservation|
|Andes Hotel looking for servers.|
|Great three course Thanksgiving Dinner at the Andes Hotel!|
|Live music by Crane & McCoy next Friday at the Andes Hotel!|
|BUY ONE NIGHT GET ONE NIGHT FREE AT THE ANDES HOTEL|
|A collaboration with local college students comes to life!|
|Support our Veterans- November 11th|
|Brewery Open Mic & Karaoke- EVERY Thursday|
|FREE Schoharie Beverage Trail tasting! Saturday, November 21, 1-4pm|
|Free tasting TODAY! 4-7pm|
|Free tasting Friday, November 13, 4-7pm|
|Volunteers Wanted For 2016 Festival in Fleischmanns|
|GRBA Holiday Party, Tuesday, December 8 at Public Lounge & Restaurant|
|Annual Community Food Pantry Promotion|
|DEEP WATER SCREENS AT OLIVE LIBRARY, SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21ST AT 10:30AM|
|RAILS TO THE CATSKILL SCREENS AT D&H CANAL HOUSE SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7TH|
|Wildlife Portraits: Hand-Colored Photographs by Naturalist Walt Meade - Slide Show & Gallery Talk|
|Artists' Supplies at X-it|
|5 Solar Myths Busted|
|MUSIC MUSIC MELEE: WIOX ADMITS NO WRONG-DOING|
|Fresh Pork, Order Your Turkey, & Chef Rob on WAMC's "Food Friday"|
|Glimmerglass Film Days, November 5-9, Offers Compelling Mix of Receptions, Filmmaker Talks, and Award-Winning Films|