This week around the blogshed: hunting for eggs, doin' the Hokey Pokey & getting passed over
By Andrea Girolamo
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
4/6/12 - 12:54 pm
- Roxbury Central is set to receive a large gift to improve technology for students and the larger community.
- Put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about... over the Hudson River, while Guinness is watching.
- Riverkeeper's update on sinking Staten Island Ferry in New Windsor: still sinking.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs: an expert weighs in. Meanwhile, in Saugerties, the fire department is hosting a hunt for a different sort of egg.
- Visiting NYC this Passover? Get a taste of home while you're there: Kutsher's has a Tribeca outpost. Passover starts tonight at sundown. Bring on the maror!
- On the heels of the delicious Creme Egg coverage, perhaps this is a bad time to talk about Sullivan County's overall health...?
- Hudson Valley Chefs Consortium is posting some fresh photos of spring planting at Pawelski Farm. So fresh, you can feel the breeze on your face, smell the soil under your feet.
- The Lower Esopus Watershed Council shares releases from NYSDEC and the DEP about new water releases, and availability concerns ahead of what is feared will be a dry spring and summer.
- Hudson Valley Wine Goddess gives props to the Shawangunk Wine Trail's Pasta Primo Vino event, coming up April 14 & 15.
- Finally: hurrah! Bridge Street bridge in Phoenicia lives to bridge another day.
Busy week on the blogs! For more, visit our Around the Blogshed section.
|Plant Markers - Free Kid Crafts at the Round Barn|
|Butterfly Crafts for Kids at the Round Barn|
|Origami - Free Craft Workshop for Kids|
|Going Ninja on Japanese Beetles|
|Lover's Tea - The Last Cool Drink of Summer!|
|Summer at Tay Tea is Simply Delicious!|
|BLTs at Last! Whole Lamb Orders, and Farm Tour Sunday|
|Fresh Beef and Merguez (Lamb Sausage)|
|Fresh Ossabaw Pork, Fresh Lamb|
|(9/6) Jay Ungar & Molly Mason, Blues Maneuver, and Horseshoe Lounge Playboys live at the West Kortright Fair 2015!|
|(9/4) Gallery Opening: Group Show Fundraiser|
|Seeking Silent Auction/Rummage Sale Donations!|
|Tonight's Show: Forest Talk with Mike Porter|
|Mountain Hunting: Headed for the Hills|
|Tonight’s Show: Catskill Trees with Gary Mead – white cedar|
|Tonight’s Show: Preserving Private Land|
|The Power of Partnership: Our Network Working For Patients|
|Antique Engine Jamboree & Powerfest at Hanford Mills Museum|
|CATSKILLS CITIZENS STUNNED: WIOX UNEXPECTEDLY HITS 5 YEAR MARK!|
|Taco Tuesdays at the Andes Hotel and O'Neills Shire Pub|
|8.8 –ANDES COMMUNITY DAY FESTIVITIES|
|Widespread telcom outage in Central New York|
|Now Hiring: Dental Hygienist (Margaretville, NY)|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Sidney|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Oneonta|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Saugerties|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainer in Kingston|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainers in Shokan|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainers in Margaretville|
|Job posting: Principal Administrative Associate|
|FREE French Wine Tasting!|
|Happy National Mead Day!|
|ANNIVERSARY SALE EXTENDED thru Saturday, August 22nd!|
|Trip to Fort William Henry and Lake George Cruise|
|World War II-Era Food Workshop, August 15|
|Beautiful in Bovina|
|Enchanting Catskill Mountain Retreat|
|Catskill Mountain Hide-A-Way|
|Golf and Camaraderie. No Losers!|
|Foundation Thanks Golfers, Sponsors and Supporters at Golf Tournament|
|Sunny Day Predicted...Join us this Thursday|
|Country chic Catskill Farms farmhouse for sale in Eldred|
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY, AUGUST 15TH FROM 11AM TO 2 PM|
|Steam in the Catskills|
|Catskill Recreation Center Is Hiring: Full-Time Aquatics Director|
|Catskill Recreation Center is Hiring: Full-Time Business Manager|
|Clematis in the Catskills region|
|Fried? Need to get away somewhere gorgeous and peaceful? Little House is the perfect country cabin escape.|
|Emerson Car Show this Weekend!|