This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Spring Slinking in Slowly|
|It's not just about the veggies|
|High Tunnel Magic|
|I Love My Park Day at Roxbury's Kirkside Park|
|Oneonta Remodeling Sale Going On At All Catalog Outlet Locations!|
|Tax Freedom Sale Flyer Ends This Sunday, April 12th, 2015!|
|The Catalog Outlet's We Pay The Tax Website Sale End This Sunday, April 12th, 2015!|
|DAFFODIL VS NARCISSUS|
|SEASON OF THE WILLOW|
|HOW LATE ARE WE, REALLY? and an overview of Crocus, as well.|
|New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Is Hiring: Program Coordinator (Catskill)|
|We Are Pure Catskills: Majestic Farm|
|We Are Pure Catskills: Greenane Farms|
|Mother's Day Brunch Buffet at the Catamount Restaurant|
|MTC Cable welcomes Watch TV Everywhere|
|Spring Open House|
|Think green...the green fairways of Golf|
|The Gift That Keeps On Giving|
|DCHA Offering Trip to Seward House and Skaneateles Lake Cruise|
|Dawn Robyn from Rosemary Farm on Myth America April 14|
|Peter Shickele at Spillian! April 26|
|Follow Tay's Nini O. to Africa!|
|PRIMO “TAX DAY” GRILL SALES EVENT – Happening Now!|
|SPRING CLEARANCE – Stoves, Fireplaces, Inserts, BBQs & Smokers|
|Spring Preview Rates|
|ASHOKAN WATERSHED FISHING DOCUMENTARY BEGINS PRODUCTION|
|The bikes are back in town! Local outfitter Storehouse is bringing bike rentals back to Phoenicia|
|Bountiful Easter Brunch Buffet in Grahamsville|
|Beautiful, Colonial Revival Puts You in the Heart of the Western Catskills|
|Klock Kingston, HealthAlliance Foundations Purchase New Chairs for Dialysis Center|