Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.