This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|The Catalog Outlet's Big Furniture & Mattress Savings Event!|
|New Reclining Living Room Collection Sale Priced, Only While Supplies Last!|
|Product Protection Plans are now available at The Catalog Outlet!|
|HSM readies 2014 season|
|12 Days left to submit your film to the CMFF|
|Bill Pullman Named Honorary Chair - Catskill Mountains Film Festival - May 2nd, 3rd, 4th.|
|Maple Fest: Celebrating the Wonderful World of Maple Syrup|
|Sweet corn production|
|Apple Tree Pruning workshop|
|Calling all fly fishers! New Beaverkill Valley rental|
|Human Services Team Leader/Supervisor Position - Arkville|
|SUBSTITUTE SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER|
|HALF-TIME R.N. POSITIONS|
|ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL SERVICES POSITION|
|Storewide Clearance Sale! Up to 50% Off!|
|Tea Tasting & Sale Saturday, February 15th Noon - 4PM!|
|It's time to prune your apple trees|
|Catskill Apple Tree Care: “Making your trees more fruitful, one cut at a time”|
|FREE TASTINGS of CATSKILL CANDY @ CATSKILL MOUNTAIN ARTISANS GUILD|