This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Holiday Weekend Shopping at Tay Tea|
|Get Prepped for Thanksgiving at Tay Tea!|
|What's Better Than Sex?|
|Tay Bar's Bountiful Fall Menu!|
|Holiday Wedding Special!|
|Still Time For Senior Portraits!|
|PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR HEART IS. EMERSON SUPPORTS #SHOPLOCAL AND SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY ON NOVEMBER 28th|
|Black Friday Shines Bright at the Emerson with Festive Family Fun|
|Happy Thanksgiving Catskills|
|Happy Veterans Day|
|Administrative Coordinator Position Open|
|Andes Hotel looking for servers.|
|Great three course Thanksgiving Dinner at the Andes Hotel!|
|Live music by Crane & McCoy next Friday at the Andes Hotel!|
|BUY ONE NIGHT GET ONE NIGHT FREE AT THE ANDES HOTEL|
|A collaboration with local college students comes to life!|
|Support our Veterans- November 11th|
|Brewery Open Mic & Karaoke- EVERY Thursday|
|FREE Schoharie Beverage Trail tasting! Saturday, November 21, 1-4pm|
|Free tasting TODAY! 4-7pm|
|Free tasting Friday, November 13, 4-7pm|
|Volunteers Wanted For 2016 Festival in Fleischmanns|
|GRBA Holiday Party, Tuesday, December 8 at Public Lounge & Restaurant|
|Annual Community Food Pantry Promotion|
|DEEP WATER SCREENS AT OLIVE LIBRARY, SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21ST AT 10:30AM|
|RAILS TO THE CATSKILL SCREENS AT D&H CANAL HOUSE SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7TH|
|Wildlife Portraits: Hand-Colored Photographs by Naturalist Walt Meade - Slide Show & Gallery Talk|
|DCHA to Present Awards of Merit; Presentation to Focus on “Unknown Museums of Upstate NY”|
|Artists' Supplies at X-it|
|5 Solar Myths Busted|
|Save $1000 per year on household bills|
|MUSIC MUSIC MELEE: WIOX ADMITS NO WRONG-DOING|
|Fresh Pork, Order Your Turkey, & Chef Rob on WAMC's "Food Friday"|
|Reserve your spot for "Eat Like A Pig" Supper Club, Fresh Lamb, Goat & Pork in the Cooler|
|This weekend! A chance to stay at Spillian!|
|Tonight! An Asian Feast Inspired by Spillian's Lotus Room|
|Spillian on a Plate on Hiatus, Returning in January!|
|Glimmerglass Film Days, November 5-9, Offers Compelling Mix of Receptions, Filmmaker Talks, and Award-Winning Films|
|“Personal Perspectives” at The Smithy in Cooperstown|