This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Final Weekend: Chace-Randall Gallery Closes after 10 Seasons|
|Only 15 more Days Brick and Mortar/Keeping hours Chace-Randall Gallery|
|30 Days Only...|
|Native American Heritage month|
|Your Donations at Work!|
|'The Dress Up Your Home For The Holidays' sale has started!|
|Product Protection Plans are now available at The Catalog Outlet!|
|Limited Time Specials on Power Furniture!|
|A Very Happy Thanksgiving to all our Friends and Neighbors|
|Rock Pond: 3 cottages on 72 pastoral acres with swimming pond for sale|
|Two cute new cabin listings for under $180k|
|Free tasting, TOMORROW, Saturday, Nov 22, 2-4pm|
|Free wine and spirits tasting!|
|Happy HalloWINE from Roxbury Wine and Spirits!|
|Shop Local Savings on November 29|
|Home Grown Custom Meats - Custom Meat Cutting and Smoking in Delhi, NY|
|JUST REDUCED North Harpersfield Home|
|From the Blue Barn "Art Collection"|
|Mid Century at the Blue Barn|
|Armoires at the Blue Barn|
|From the Blue Barn Chair Collection|
|Holiday Shopping Guide for the Great Western Catskills|
|Treetops: A modernist vacation rental retreat on the banks of the Delaware River|
|Red Cottage is hiring a customer service/salesperson!|
|Toys for the Children Drive at the Emerson Resort & Spa|
|Stream Side Treadwell Ranch|
|An American Classic / Farmhouse / Barn/ 208 acres|
|Home On The Range / Bordering Protected Land|
|Stream side on Elm Street in Delhi|
|Delaware County Historical Association Sponsors Reading & Book Signing|
|RUPCO Opens Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program Waiting List for Enrollment November 17 through December 12|
|SAVE up to $615 on REGENCY and HAMPTON thru November 24th|
|Marketing & Public Relations position is open at The West Kortright Centre|
|RAILS TO THE CATSKILLS AND CATSKILL MOUNTAIN HOUSE DOCUMENTARIES SET FOR NOVEMBER SHOWINGS|
|Associate Lab Microbiologist - NYC Department of Environmental Protection|
|Breathtaking Mountain Views…LOVELY Log Cabin Living!|
|Historic 1864 Farmhouse - Quiet Road!|
|Country Living, Village Proximity!|
|Priced to Sell, Two Businesses for the Price of One|