This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|FREE WINE TASTING! AUG 27|
|FREE WINE TASTING!|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Saugerties|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Lexington Farmers' Market|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Pakatakan Market|
|ANDES HOTEL CANS & CLAMS FRIDAYS -HUMMEL'S MUG & ESQUELA AUG 26th & SEPT 2ND|
|O'Neill's Shire Pub- Server & Bartender Needed|
|Foundation Donor Sponsor Event|
|Black-Eyed Susans Gone Wild (In Catskills Gardens)!|
|Mints of the Mountains II – Monarda (aka Beebalm)|
|Yarrow – Catskills Wildflower or Garden Flower?|
|Daylily vs. Lily Redux|
|First Presbyterian Church of Delhi Seeks Organist|
|“THE FIRST ARTIST IN AMERICA” JOHN VANDERLYN - MONUMENTS AND MEMORIALS|
|Central Catskills Abstract Co. Is Hiring -- Part-Time Office Assistant|
|MTC Is Hiring -- Accounting Assistant|
|CAR SHOW at the EMERSON! VROOM! VROOM!|
|BEES, HONEY & YOU returns by popular request - Saturday, August 27th!|
|The Catskill Recreation Center is Hiring: Morning Lifeguards|
|Callahan Catskill Real Estate's New Listing in Stamford NY by Joanne Callahan|
|Enchanted Evening ~ July 30. 6 - 9pm.|