This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|'The Dress Up Your Home For The Holidays' sale ends this Sunday, December 21st, 2014|
|Product Protection Plans are now available at The Catalog Outlet!|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainer|
|Job Posting: Associate Chemist in DEP's Kingston Lab|
|Bowling Alley With Prime Route 28 Location|
|Immaculate Cape in New Kingston|
|Beautiful Home on 17 Private Acres|
|Tay Tea: Introducing the Fosterbuilt Pop-up Coffee Bar – December 20th!|
|Give Abundantly—Tay Tea's Gift Boxes|
|Tay Tea’s Nini O: Perfect Picks for the Holidays!|
|Tea for Coffee Lovers|
|Drink, Eat, Shop, Make Merry!|
|Holiday Gifts for Tea Lovers|
|SATURDAY, DEC 20 GIFT-MAKING IN MARGARETVILLE 11-3|
|Free lambrusco tasting! Saturday, Dec 20, 11am - 7pm|
|Roxbury Holiday Gala and holiday spirits tasting!|
|Holiday wine and spirits tasting!|
|Free tasting, TOMORROW, Saturday, Nov 22, 2-4pm|
|Healthy Holiday Eating|
|December is Safe Toy & Gifts Month|
|Native American Heritage month|
|Gift Ideas For Lovers of the Outdoors From a Lover of the Outdoors|
|Why we opened a store and why the “why” has changed|
|A Snowshoeing Revival in Phoenicia|
|Wood, Clay, Sand: Earthly Gifts in Heavenly Form|
|Celebrate the Holidays|
|From our pantry to your table - locally made goodies!|
|Shop Local Savings on November 29|
|Owner Financing Possible!|
|Farmhouse with 9+ Acres!|
|Cozy 3 Bedroom Home on 12+ Acres!|
|Elegant Woodwork Throughout!|
|Glorious Country Estate!|
|Over A Country Knoll|
|Home Grown Custom Meats - Custom Meat Cutting and Smoking in Delhi, NY|
|HOLIDAY SHOPPING FOR HISTORY AND FILM LOVERS|
|Parish Park Cottage: Cute vacation rental in the heart of Phoenicia. No car needed!|
|Final Weekend: Chace-Randall Gallery Closes after 10 Seasons|
|A Very Happy Thanksgiving to all our Friends and Neighbors|
|Rock Pond: 3 cottages on 72 pastoral acres with swimming pond for sale|
|Two cute new cabin listings for under $180k|
|JUST REDUCED North Harpersfield Home|
|Holiday Shopping Guide for the Great Western Catskills|