This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Celebrate Columbus Day in Roxbury|
|Bed & Eggs, Cozy B & B in Roxbury|
|Writers in the Mountains' Fourth Annual Essay Contest|
|News from Plattekill Mountain|
|Job Posting: Procurement Analyst|
|Don’t Get Caught in the Cold this Winter! Save with a FREE ACCESSORY!|
|Going Solar Makes $$ Sense|
|Get Solar Panels and Make Your Own Clean Energy - Oct. 3rd|
|Defeat Wild Parsnip!|
|1880s charm with glass, light, 2 fireplaces, pond and 8+ acres|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rosendale|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Morris|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Hobart|
|Thanksgiving in Neutral Territory?|
|NEW from Tay Tea -- Organic Single Estate Teas!|
|Woodsmen’s Festival at Hanford Mills Museum|
|Harvest Moon Ball October 17th|
|Position Available at Margaretville Health Foundation|
|Writing Myth: A Spillian Writing Imaginarium Sat. Sept 26|
|Build a Scarecrow for a Good Cause ... Help Feed the Hungry|
|Fresh Beef, Chicken, and Stew Birds. And new Donkeys|
|SWEET VIOLETS IN RHINEBECK- STARR LIBRARY - SEPTEMBER 24TH AT 7PM|
|Quilts Along the Delaware “The Delaware County Town and Country Quilters Guild” to Host Quilt Show at DCHA|
|Trip to Fort William Henry and Lake George Cruise|
|Two Brand-New Apartments For Rent In Fleischmanns|
|Join us in supporting Shandaken's Town Parks & Recreation Board!|
|OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH FROM 11AM TO 2 PM|
|Catskill Cabaradio Live on WIOX tonight-9/12 at 7:00pm|
|Chili Cook Off and Town Wide Yard Sale This Weekend in Andes!|
|Join us for a day of music, Saturday September 19th!|