This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Large, 11-14 bedroom lakefront vacation rental, perfect for multi-family holiday gatherings|
|Product Protection Plans are now available at The Catalog Outlet!|
|Works Flying the Coop!!!|
|We Have Color Inside/Out...Come Peep!|
|Mirror Beer Signs at the Blue Barn|
|Complimentary Event at Lyon Mountain Blue Barn Antiques|
|From the Blue Barn RARE Collection|
|New Arrival at the Blue Barn|
|Halloween Fun For Everyone at the Andes Hotel - Harvest Moon and Zombie Farm|
|Chippendale's Come To The Catskills|
|Mediterranean Nite Belly Dancing Stylings of B3 and Great Specials!|
|Jill Carey Michaels Live - Andes Hotel|
|Kirkside is hiring!|
|Holiday Hoopla at Community Living Skills- Walton, NY|
|Spillian Sundays: Voices from the Catskills | David Gonzalez | October 19|
|Spillian Sundays: Voices From the Catskills Fall Season|
|Spillian Sundays: Trail U FREE Trail Layout & Design Class…then join us for Soup! October 12|
|Complimentary ABSINTHE tasting, Sunday, Oct 12|
|Columbus Day Weekend at the Emerson|
|Flavors of Fall|
|Columbus Day Weekend at Tay Home!|
|Art Opening 9/27 at Tay Home's Art Barn -- Steve Burnett|
|FALL SALE – MENDOTA GAS FIREPLACES AND FIRE PLACE INSERTS|
|HealthAlliance CEO to address healthcare changes - Oct. 15|
|Battlefield Band - Sunday, Nov. 2|
|Tea time at Roxbury General, Sunday, October 12, 2—4 pm|
|Now at Roxbury General: American-Made Jeans and Throws|
|Resources for Hunters in Delaware County|
|Specials for w/e 9/26: Chili Cheddar Burger w/Spicy Cheese Fries; Pasta Alfredo; Spinach Salad w/Carrot, Appl & Shallot Medley|
|Woodsmen's Festival at Hanford Mills Museum Oct. 4|
|SALE:Catskill Mountain Artisans Guild|