This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|(9/6) Silent Auction & Rummage Sale at the West Kortright Fair|
|(9/6) Jay Ungar & Molly Mason, Blues Maneuver, and Horseshoe Lounge Playboys live at the West Kortright Fair 2015!|
|(9/4) Gallery Opening: Group Show Fundraiser|
|Plant Markers - Free Kid Crafts at the Round Barn|
|Butterfly Crafts for Kids at the Round Barn|
|Origami - Free Craft Workshop for Kids|
|Going Ninja on Japanese Beetles|
|Lover's Tea - The Last Cool Drink of Summer!|
|BLTs at Last! Whole Lamb Orders, and Farm Tour Sunday|
|Fresh Beef and Merguez (Lamb Sausage)|
|Woodshed Prophets Perform at Roxbury Revelry - September 6!|
|Roxbury Revelry in Kirkside Park this Labor Day Weekend!|
|Mountain Bike Appreciation Weekend at Plattekill Aug 15-16|
|Tonight's Show: Forest Talk with Mike Porter|
|Mountain Hunting: Headed for the Hills|
|Tonight’s Show: Catskill Trees with Gary Mead – white cedar|
|Tonight’s Show: Preserving Private Land|
|The Power of Partnership: Our Network Working For Patients|
|Antique Engine Jamboree & Powerfest at Hanford Mills Museum|
|CATSKILLS CITIZENS STUNNED: WIOX UNEXPECTEDLY HITS 5 YEAR MARK!|
|Taco Tuesdays at the Andes Hotel and O'Neills Shire Pub|
|Widespread telcom outage in Central New York|
|Now Hiring: Dental Hygienist (Margaretville, NY)|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Sidney|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Oneonta|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Saugerties|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainer in Kingston|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainers in Shokan|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainers in Margaretville|
|FREE French Wine Tasting!|
|ANNIVERSARY SALE EXTENDED thru Saturday, August 22nd!|
|Trip to Fort William Henry and Lake George Cruise|
|World War II-Era Food Workshop, August 15|
|Beautiful in Bovina|
|Enchanting Catskill Mountain Retreat|
|Catskill Mountain Hide-A-Way|
|Golf and Camaraderie. No Losers!|
|Foundation Thanks Golfers, Sponsors and Supporters at Golf Tournament|
|Sunny Day Predicted...Join us this Thursday|
|Country chic Catskill Farms farmhouse for sale in Eldred|
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY, AUGUST 15TH FROM 11AM TO 2 PM|
|Steam in the Catskills|
|Catskill Recreation Center Is Hiring: Full-Time Aquatics Director|
|Catskill Recreation Center is Hiring: Full-Time Business Manager|
|Clematis in the Catskills region|
|Fried? Need to get away somewhere gorgeous and peaceful? Little House is the perfect country cabin escape.|