This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|A movie and a square dance|
|The most famous woman you've never heard of|
|Win this painting!|
|The New Kingston hub|
|Reserve a Cemetery Tour spot today!|
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|4th of July Weekend at Tay Tea|
|Save $2 on Tay Tea's Most Popular Iced Tea!|
|Tea & Chat with Author Jeanette Bronée at Tay Tea|
|Tonight's Show: Wild Foraging with Marguerite|
|Tonight’s Show: Birch Syrup with Mike Porter|
|Wednesday Night’s Show: Catskill Trees with Gary Mead – Norway & Red Spruce|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rock Hill|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Pakatakan Market|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Lexington|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Barryville|
|Catskill Mountain Hide-A-Way|
|Retreat At Jones Lake - Own a 10 Acre Lake!|
|Ashokan water delivered to NY City - One Hundred Years ago|
|TMTP Returns to the Roxbury Arts Group!|
|Free Tastings at Roxbury Wines & Spirits this July 4th Weekend!|
|GRBA Announces June 30 Mixer!|
|Contemporary Dance Come to Roxbury This Weekend|
|Brittany Elliott to Perform at Foundation Event on July 11th|
|3rd Annual Golf Tournament - Don't forget to Register|
|Delhi Garden Tour this weekend!|
|Foxgloves Gone Wild – a favorite Catskills flower!|
|Catskills Peonies – The Ultimate Heirloom Flower|
|FARM OF DISTINCTION! NESTLED IN THE WESTERN EDGE OF THE CATSKILLS|
|Country Living with Mountain Views Just Outside Historic Village of Franklin|
|VILLAGE GEM on WIDE HISTORIC TREE LINED STREET|
|Independence Day Celebration at Hanford Mills Museum|
|July Fourth weekend tasting events!|
|A Beautiful House and a Big Pond|
|PRICE REDUCED: Country Getaway, Just Two Hours from Tappan Zee!|
|Pizza Garden at the Round Barn Farmers Market|
|7 tips for healthy tomatoes|
|Job Posting: Watershed Maintainer|
|Your Hero’s Journey® Redux: A Mythological Toolbox PlayShop 2015 July 12-17|
|Myth America, Tuesdays at 9 AM on WIOX Radio|
|Primo Father's Day Sale|
|Country Living in Otego|
|Country Home With Pond on 5+ Acres in Guilford|
|WSKG announces NPR one: Hand-picked stories, on your schedule|
|Celebrating 'All Things Local' this week with Dwight Grimm / June 16th at 6pm on WIOX|
|Power outage disrupts MTC service|
|Good for what ails you, and to keep you from ailing: Salves, tinctures, balms, ointments, and oils|