This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Take A Valentine Selfie, Save On Your MTC Bill|
|Valentine's Day is for Lovers - Make Sweet Violets a Part of Your Celebration|
|Stanley's House to screen in NYC January 31st|
|Valentine’s Day at Woodnotes Grille|
|Inn or Family Compound for Sale or Lease|
|Valentine's Tea Tasting at Nectar in Rhinebeck, NY|
|Looking for a Fabulous Valentine's Gift?|
|Hot Tea Season + Moving Sale at Tay Tea|
|Farm to Table Valentines Food & Beer Pairing|
|Ate-O-Ate Food Truck to Offer Special Menu on Valentine's Day|
|Celebrate Valentine's Day in Roxbury|
|Greater Roxbury Business Association's Monthly Business Mixer - January 26 at 5:30 PM|
|Valentine's Weekend Wine and Whiskey Tasting!|
|Chair Caning Workshop @ DCHA|
|Desserts and Diaries at DCHA|
|LIVE MUSIC @ THE SHIRE PUB|
|Job Title: Sous Chef|
|Job Position: Front Desk|
|Hanah Mountain Resort Now Hiring Qualified Experienced Waitstaff|
|Find the Essence: An Amazing Whole-Systems Planning Workshop Feb 19-21|
|Winter Adventure Escape! This Weekend!|
|Delaware County Electric Cooperative (DCEC) Announces Membership Information Meeting for Proposed Rate Revisions|
|Wednesday Night’s Show (January 20th): Running a Catskills Sawmill with Gary Mead|