This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
3/23/12 - 9:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Gotsch Tree Farm Open This Weekend: Blue and White Spruce Christmas Trees for Sale Starting at $20|
|Blue and White Spruce Christmas Trees for Sale|
|Winter Design - 10% Off from December 1st 2013 Through March 1st 2014|
|Do You Tamarack?|
|Ski Season Has Started Cozy Cabins Available!|
|Join us Saturday, December 7th for a Holiday Celebration|
|Shop Small Business Saturday, November 30th|
|Be Inspired. Browse our home and gift collections.|
|EXHIBITING A RICH COLLECTION OF CONTEMPORARY FINE ART|
|AVOID BLACK FRIDAY RUSH, VISIT PINE HILL BOOKS FOR HIGH VALUE INEXPENSIVE HOLIDAY GIFTS|
|GIVE THE GIFT OF CATSKILL MOUNTAINS AND HUDSON VALLEY HISTORY ON DVD|
|Attention Hunters!...And Outdoor Enthusiasts of Every Kind|
|Job opening: Installer / Service Technician – Margaretville Telephone Company (MTC)|
|Black Friday Weekend Savings at the Emerson Country Stores!|
|A Thanksgiving Dinner at the Catamount Restaurant|
|HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley® Receives NYS Department of Health Support for Enhanced Regional Planning Approach|
|Thanksgiving @ The Andes Hotel|
|11.23-MEDITERRANEAN NITE WITH BELLY DANCING STYLINGS OF B3 BELLYDANCE, SHOW STARTS @ 7:30pm, NO COVER AT THE ANDES HOTEL|
|Watershed Agricultural Council - 20th Anniversary - PUBLIC AWARENESS VIDEO|
|Outpatient Clinical Social Worker|
|RENEWABLE ENERGY CONFERENCE NOVEMBER 9|