This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Pizza Gardens for Kids|
|Swap Your Seeds!|
|How Do You Celebrate Spring?|
|Andes Central School Spring Picture Order Deadline|
|Repurposing on the Farm|
|Frost Warnings... Really?!|
|Spring Redecorating in the Henhouse|
|Margaretville Store Closing Sale!|
|Oneonta Remodeling Sale Going On At All Catalog Outlet Locations!|
|Spillian is Hiring! Special Event Servers Wanted!|
|Myth America, Tuesdays at 9 AM on WIOX Radio|
|Thanks to NYNJTC and Upstate Adventure Guides for a Great Year of Trail U at Spillian!|
|Fiber Arts Weekend and Fresh Chicken!|
|Fiber Arts Weekend at Heather Ridge Farm|
|Sunday May 24 BBQ, Fresh Chicken, New Summer Hours|
|Supper Club this Saturday, May 16|
|A Catskills forest dweller – the Rosy Maple Moth – Pretty in Pink!|
|Dicentra part II (Two Catskills wildflowers)|
|Dicentra Part I (Bleeding Hearts, or why do plant names change?)|
|A TASTE OF ANEMONE|
|Free anniversary tastings starting Friday, May 22 at 5pm!|
|Memorial Day and One Year Anniversary Tasting Events!|
|Log Home at Silver Lake|
|A Living Heritage|
|See the Tinderbox's Grills In Action - Memorial Day Weekend|
|Lightweight, Portable Stoves for Campers and Backpackers|
|Memorial Day Weekend - Celebrate Ten Years of Tay Tea!|
|It's Time for Cold-Brew Iced Tea!|
|Celebrate Mother’s Day with Tay Tea!|
|Art in the Catskills This Memorial Day Weekend|
|Orquesta SCC Kicks of Summer Season at the Roxbury Arts Group|
|Roxbury Welcomes You This Memorial Day Weekend|
|Dreamy new landmark townhouse vacation rental in happening Hudson|
|Celebrating 'All Things Local' this week with Nicole Day Gray / All Things Hive321 with Theresa Spinelli|
|Celebrating 'All Things Local' this week with Nicole Day Gray / All Things Catskills Grit with Michael Wentland|
|Keeping Life Simple - Beautiful Bovina Farmhouse, 2 Ponds & 16+/- acres.|
|Rondout Creek Lodge: Sunny, streamfront home with great room and 2 fireplaces on 53 acres near waterfalls and Blue Hole|
|Spa Treatments for a Cause at the Emerson Resort & Spa|
|Last Minute Savings at the Emerson Spa|
|JOHN VANDERLYN IN VIRGINIA AND WASHINGTON, D.C.|
|Take Mom to the Andes Hotel on Sunday!|
|GCSWCD EDUCATION AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR|