This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|Native Americans Talk, May 28|
|Food Workshop, May 14, 2016 ~ Revolutionary-War Era|
|Second Anniversary Wine Tasting!|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Woodstock Farm Festival|
|Can you hear me now?|
|Headwaters History Days 2016 - June 3-5|
|Your Hero’s Journey® Redux: A Mythological Toolbox® PlayShop 2016 July 10-15|
|Butterfly Foe – Garlic Cress!|
|Garden Friends! Tachinids (Not all flies are bloodsuckers)!|
|Garden Friend: The Bumble Bee!|
|Mints of the Mountains! 3 Easy Ground Covers for Catskills Gardens!|
|Registration Opened for 4th Annual Golf Tournament|
|Margaretville Health Foundation and Peekamoose Partner for Celebrity Waiter Event|
|Celebrity Waiter Event at Peekamoose June 4th|
|Catskill Mountain Family Lodge|
|A Living Heritage|
|Exceptional Catskills estate w/6BR lodge, guest house, tennis, ponds, paddocks and barns|
|Meet Joe Hewitt today!|
|Joe, John and Mountain Culture|
|All about porcupines this Saturday!|
|O'Neill's Shire Pub- Bartender Needed|
|O'Neill's Shire Pub Events|
|Book Discussion, Q&A and Signing with Eliot Cowan|
|The Workings of Honey Bee Hives Bee-Ginners Seminar|
|Walk Among the Weeds with Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower|
|Vendors Wanted for Great Catskill Mountain BBQ Fest - August 27|
|Become a Volunteer Firetower Observer!|
|Celebrate Mother's Day at the new Tay Tea in Delhi!|
|Andes Hotel Mother's Day Brunch|