This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|(7/3) Alt-country Gala Dance Under the Stars with Girls Guns & Glory and The Hop City Hellcats|
|(6/25) Karrin Allyson Trio (Grammy-nominated jazz)|
|The Workings of Honey Bee Hives with Will "The Bee Man"|
|Walk Among the Weeds with Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower|
|Voices of Wisdom|
|The Workings of Honey Bee Hives|
|Civil War Reenactment, June 25 & 26|
|History of the Delaware & Northern Railroad Saturday, June 11th - 2pm|
|Native Americans Talk, May 28|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rosendale|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rock Hill|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Delhi|
|Champion Campions of the Catskills! Pretty in Pinks Part II!|
|Pretty in Pinks! Catskills Dianthus!|
|Bugs Inside Bugs – Andes Roundtable Talk!|
|Mustards of the Mountains!|
|Golf Tournament...an Annual Margaretville Health Foundation Event|
|Just in Time for Father's Day. . . Introducing Man Tea!|
|Tay Tea's Iced Elixirs now at Blue Bee Cafe|
|Summer on Ice - A Special Offer from Tay Tea!|
|Tay Tea Celebrates Memorial Day Weekend in Delhi!|
|Father's Day Brunch at The Old SchoolHouse Inn & Restaurant|
|Job Posting: Staff Analyst|
|Barbecue Your Breakfast! Five Reasons to Start Your Day Cooking in Your Backyard|
|CATSKILL MOUNTAIN HOUSE documentary screens at D&H Canal Museum Friday June 10|
|Final Kingston and Phoenicia trains this weekend|
|Today is the day!! Here are the events!|
|Burroughs and train travel subject of June 4 program|
|Stories from West Shokan|
|Concerts open and close History Days|
|Jay Gould: Robber baron or financial genius?|
|Zeke Lost Dog in Andes NY Please Keep An Eye Out|
|Lovingly Restored Greek Revival|
|LOCATION, VIEWS, COMFORT|
|SAVE THE DATE! AMERICAN CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL JUNE 18th AT THE ANDES HOTEL|
|6.5-ANDES CYCLE THE SKY BIKE RIDE-SUNDAY-SPONSORED BY DELAWARE OPERATIONS.|
|Second Anniversary Wine Tasting!|