This week around the blogshed: Don't fence me in
By Lissa Harris
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
3/23/12 - 10:15 pm
Above: Filmmaker Jessica Vecchione's cat Greykitty must be free.
- Over in Greene County, former Brooklynite Larissa Phillips and her kids slaughter three roosters under a locust tree, "with every bit of the squeamish, precious, halting nonsense you’d expect of former urbanites." Hey. Props for getting the job done.
- Realtor Amy Wallace snaps some great pix on a walking tour of Uptown Kingston -- but she can't resist Photoshopping a little more blue into the gray sky.
- The Beekman Boys share a springalicious sloe gin cocktail recipe.
- The Saugerties Times reminds us that on wet March nights, it's amphibian road-crossing season. Don't squish the newts.
- The Catskill Cabin blogger hikes up Overlook. Nice weather for it.
- McDonald's is to Coxsackie as Olive Garden is to Grand Forks.
- There's a fungus among us. A new film about Hudson Valley mushroom hunting, Now Forager, premieres in NYC on March 30.
- This weekend, Hunter Mountain is finally throwing in the towel and declaring ski season over -- and so are the rest of the local ski mountains. See you next year, ski bums.
For more random tidbits from around the region, check out Around the Blogshed.
|From the Blue Barn Collection|
|Two New Arrivals at the Blue Barn|
|From the Blue Barn Baby collection|
|Lyon Mountain Blue Barn loves Old and Original Signs|
|Happy 4th of July|
|Hanford Mills Museum offers themed tours|
|Brotherhood Wines from NYS now available!|
|Great pictures of RWS from Catskill Images. Thanks Jill!|
|Doc's Draft Peach Hard Apple Cider|
|Cats Guild presents the Main View Gallery & Studio of Oneonta|
|Personalized Plaquettes for Every Occasion!|
|Ready To Pipe Marmalade-In-A-Bag|
|New Mini-Hors d’Oeuvres & Dessert Molds for All Your Summer Parties!|
|DCHA Offers Adirondack Trip|
|O&W Presentation in Delhi|
|Susan's Pleasant Pheasant Farm Kayak Races|
|The 2014 First Annual Not Your Average Croquet Tournament|
|The Many Hats of a Catskill Transplant by Rebecca of Traveler's Tea|
|New items arriving daily.|
|Style....The music of your home.|
|Customer Appreciation Sale!|
|Product Protection Plans are now available at The Catalog Outlet!|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Rock Hill|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Walton Farmers' Market|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Sidney Farmers' Market|
|NEW: Big Sky Pond, 5 BR cedar shingled home with swimming pond, tennis court on 60+ acres. Available for vacation renting.|
|We've Got the Measles! and a Broken Vase...|
|It's Here: Judith Lamb, new works! Party Tomorrow!|
|This Weekend: Celebrate new works by Judith Lamb|
|We're Making a Mess!|
|August at the Emerson|
|Celebrate at the Emerson this Weekend!|
|ZONDER KENNEDY AT CANS & CLAMS TOMORROW!|
|TRIVIA NITE EVERY THURSDAY AT THE ANDES HOTEL|
|We're hiring! Looking for a kitchen manager with enthusiasm and experience.|
|Thunder in the Valley Inter Tribal Pow-wow|
|Newer price: Highly Motivated seller offering this desirable Roxbury Run Townhouse|
|Southside Johnny Show Proceeds to Boost Local Ambulance Services|
|Open Houses Saturday, July 12 Noon - 2pm|
|live - work - dream|
|1860 Victorian Homestead with Barn and Sugar Shack|
|Live Here…Work Here…Follow Your “Foodie” Passion|