- Memorial Day
- Sponsored Content
Around the blogshed: Higher ground
By Andrea Girolamo
10/26/12 - 12:53 pm
10/26/12 - 12:53 pm
Above: If you like weather bulletins in ALL CAPS and maps WITH ALL THE COLORS, has the National Weather Service got a forecast for you. The immediate projected path of Hurricane Sandy is indicated in red.
Obviously, Catskillians (Catskillers? Catskillets?) are a hardy bunch and while you've all worked to clean up and move on, this week may prove to be a time when all the lessons learned in 2011 could be put to the test. Of course, I'm talking about the rumors of mountain lions roaming our fair mountainscape. Just kidding. Now, a look at what's been going on around the blogshed ahead of the wild weather predicted for next week:
- The DEP has begun releases from the Neversink Reservoir, in advance of the storms, according to yesterday's Catskill Chronicle. The governor's on it, too. Meanwhile Ulster County Emergency Services tries to avoid having to directly reference Irene. Can't blame 'em. The Denning Denizen subtly points out that, if you can tear yourself away from the brightly colored forecasting models, maybe you should also get some batteries, candles and some bottled water.
- Haven't seen any cute zombies lately? Click to remedy that -- turns out they're in Saugerties!
- Plentiful pancakes and smiles abound at a fundraiser for the troubled Woodstock fire company that is still reeling from the arrest of its former treasurer earlier this month on embezzlement charges. The community turned out to raised double the amount the pancake breakfast normally brings in.
- The Town of Shandaken planning board is seeking a new member. Maybe it's you?
- Upstater is looking for suggestions for Town of the Week. What do you think? Sidney? Bethel? Tannersville? Olivebridge? Saugerties?
- Weather getting you anxious? There's only one cure for it: soup.
The Watershed Post will be reporting 'round-the-clock should Mother Nature not feel like doing us any favors next week. Have a great weekend!
|More "one of a kind" samples from our our 5 show-rooms|
|Huge Inventory of ﬁne European and early American Antiques|
|The Catalog Outlet's Memorial Day Furniture & Mattress Sales Event|
|Tamarack log style bedroom set|
|New youth bedroom set, now in stock!|
|New upholstery collection now in stock!|
|At our May 26 Auction: An original, signed A. Rodin bronze bust|
|Always, Always, new work!|
|Open Friday, May 24 through Monday, May 27 celebrating our sixth season|
|If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Eat ‘Em|
|Video: Forest Flowers Woodswalk - Pakatakan Mountain|
|Video: Tree ID Walk @ Ballantine Park, Andes, Delaware County|
|Kayak and canoe rentals available|
|Visit Our New TAY TEA SALON This Memorial Day Weekend!|
|Tay Home's first event of the season !|
|Pop-Up Market TODAY in Stamford, 3:30 to 6pm|
|This Thursday, the Pop-Up Farmers' Market is on, rain or shine!|
|A new face at the Pop-Up Market|
|Beeswax + catnip for all at the Pop-Up market|
|JOIN THE CATS GUILD AT THE ULSTER CTY FAIRGROUNDS THIS WEEKEND|
|Catskill Mountain Artisans Guild at the Woodstock-New Paltz Arts and Craft Show this weekend|
|Seeking Grant Writer / Manager|
|WCCRC Invites MBE / WBE Businesses To Be On Approved Contractor List|
|The Bees Knees Cafe reopens for the Season|
|Get Grilling and Countdown to Memorial Day Weekend!|
|Catskills CRAFT Season Kick-Off with EcoPracticum May 30|
|Water & Land: May 2013 IPM Workshop|
|Catskills Farmlink: Why Farm the Catskills?|
|Farm Tour: May 17|
|For rent: High traffic commercial space near Phoenicia|
|Creamy Chicken Soup, Fried Catfish, Maple Apple Pie|
|Shrimp with Sweet Chili Glaze and Creamy Coconut, Pasta "Tapenade", "Dirty Carrots"|
|Andes Hotel Announcing Andes BBQ Company|
|LIFETIME workmanship warranty on all new roofs!|
|Vinyl siding and roof, Colchester, NY|
|Fleischmanns' largest street fair of the season comes on Saturday, May 25|
|Re-open Friday with new yummy menu.|
|Artists from the Juilliard School to perform at the Cyr Center|
|Check out our new logo and facebook page NOW! Thanks....|
|Gardenfest2013! And So We Danced...|