- Outdoor Guide
- Sponsored Content
Around the blogshed: put on your raindancing shoes edition
By Andrea Girolamo
9/14/12 - 2:11 pm
9/14/12 - 2:11 pm
Above: A bee happily nomming away on some Joe Pye Weed in Delhi. Photo by Flickr user mountain_man_ny_2 in the Watershed Post Flickr pool.
With a beautiful weekend on tap yet again, here's a quick look at what's going on around the local blogs:
- Five Figure Fridays makes us swoon, as usual. This time it's a 900-sq.-ft. unpolished jewel in Callicoon Center, near the general store and bandstand. With turquoise as its color story. *Swoon*
- HITS hits the road. The event's last days wrap up on Sunday.
- Prattsville may see the reopening of the Route 23 bridge this weekend, according to WGXC.
- Trails of another sort are the topic of yesterday's New York History blog: the Esopus-Minisink trail, an old mine road.
- Also from WGXC: today's breezy, beautiful almanac. Did you know they're in the middle of a fund drive for new members?
- June geocaches in Walton; if you're looking to start geocaching yourself, there's a wealth of places in the area to create your own scavenger hunt-style daytrip.
- On a less whimsical note, drought conditions in Kingston are off the charts. “This is as bad as I’ve ever seen it,” said [Water Department Superintendent Judith] Hansen, who has been with the Department since 1981. “And going back over the records, it’s never been this bad this early.”
- You may not have any water to go with your meal, but if you like what you're eating and can string together a sentence or two, Upstater may have a gig for you.
Enjoy the fabulous weather and see if you can spot the ever-so-nearly changing foliage. And, please, think rainy thoughts!
|The Catalog Outlet, Inc. now features Lane Furniture|
|10% off coupon!|
|Tamarack log style bedroom set|
|New upholstery collection now in stock!|
|New youth bedroom set, now in stock!|
|Songwriting Workshop with Story Laurie|
|Gala Dance Under the Stars with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band|
|LiederWorks: Verdi and Wagner Rarities - Vocal Chamber Music - Sunday, June 23 3PM|
|Four Rare and Unique Pieces from the Blue Barn|
|"Very Special Pieces” from our five Show-rooms|
|The Retro Fifties Look Is Back!|
|Local organization benefits from Local Musicians returning home to help!|
|Make your Cemetery Tour reservation!|
|Take a closer look at MARGARETVILLE|
|Post card show and sale this weekend|
|Enjoy Father's Day in The Backyard|
|"Rice & Bean" Soup, Steak Frites, Sangria|
|Saturday Lunch All Summer Long with Outdoor Seating, Live Music Sunday Night|
|Indian Point - Nowhere to Run in the Green Uplugged Festival|
|Buy One, Get One Free Admission through Sunday|
|Potophonics to Open at Orphic Gallery on July 5, 2013 with Reception and Performance|
|Zonder Kennedy to Perform at Record Breaker Closing Party at Orphic Gallery on June 29th|
|Special Father's discount on Sunday applies to all our Watershed Post friends|
|Fresh Lamb! Fresh Chicken! Fresh Hot Dogs!|
|Fresh Lamb, Fresh Chicken and CSA June Pickup!|
|Light-Filled Contemporary Home on 1.5 acres with deeded lake access (Yulan, NY)|
|The Watershed Post featured in a video about Delaware County entrepreneurs|
|Clearwater Festival, June 15 & 16!|
|Wildflower ramble at Woodchuck Lodge|
|made a grown man cry.|
|rhubarb from our kitchen garden|
|"Cadosia" to perform acoustic covers of modern indie hits Sat, starting at 5.30 at Eureka in Grahamsville.|
|We are now open for weekend and short stays! Just in time for summer!|
|Diabetes Educational Seminar: Foot Care for People with Diabetes June 19|
|Delaware County Historical Association 2013 Summer Calendar|
|Picturing America: Free Workshops Continue on National & Local History|
|IS YOUR HONEYSUCKLE A GOOD GUY OR A BAD GUY?!|
|THIS WEEKEND'S SPECIALS|
|Several of Red Cottage Inc.'s stylish Upstate rentals featured on HGTV's "Frontdoor" blog|
|This weekend : FILMING at Tay Home !|
|CFA’s Tree Marking Program|
|Dinner at the Catamount Restaurant|
|Emerson Spa Special|