"Pill party" may have caused two deaths in Athens motel
10/18/12 - 11:50 pm
Several local news outlets are reporting that a man and a woman were found dead in a room in the Starlight Motel in Athens on Wednesday night, in a case that police believe is the result of accidental overdose at a "pill party." The Kingston Daily Freeman reports:
County Sheriff’s Investigator Sean McCulloch said authorities were called to the Starlight Motel on U.S. Route 9W just before 9 p.m. Wednesday to check on the occupants of one of the rooms there after the motel’s owner spotted an unfamiliar car in the parking lot and a door to one of the motel rooms slightly ajar.
McCulloch said that when authorities entered the room, they found two men in their 20s and two women in their 30s and drugs were present.
One man and one woman were dead, and the other two people were heavily drugged, “incoherent and unable to speak,” McCulloch said.
Sheriff [sic] McCulloch said that the drug problem in Greene County is "getting worse."
The Catskill Daily Mail is reporting that no charges have been filed, although the investigation is ongoing.
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Tannersville|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Monticello|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: CCE Delaware Markets|
|Farmers' Market of the Week: Colchester|
|Just Listed by Joanne Callahan/ Callahan Catskill Real Estate in Dynamic Delhi NY!|
|SOLD! by Joanne Callahan Callahan Catskill RE 326 Frog Alley, Margaretville NY|
|Open the Door to a Deeper Relationship with the Natural World - October 15th|
|Andes Hotel Looking For Cooks & Servers|
|Craft Beer Oktoberfest Sept 24th|
|Health Fair at Margaretville Hospital|
|Rosemary Farm Sanctuary Ponypalooza! October 1|
|THE 2016 ELECTION EDITION OF PHIL OCHS SONG NIGHT! LIVE MUSIC WITH A SOCIAL CONSCIENCE A SPECIAL BROADCAST Saturday, Nov. 5|
|September Events @ O'Neill's Shire Pub|
|Hanah Mountain Resort is Hiring|
|Focus On Matcha|
|(9/17 & 9/18) A Weekend of Chamber Music in the Western Catskills|