- Outdoor Guide
- Sponsored Content
Around the blogshed: [insert your Catskills slogan here]
By Andrea Girolamo
7/13/12 - 4:33 pm
7/13/12 - 4:33 pm
Photo: Kiamesha Lake by Flickr user Catskills Photography in the Watershed Post photo pool.
Time for another glorious weekend! Here's what's popping up around some local sites.
- This weekend! Canal Days Celebration at the Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site in Fort Hunter. New York History expands on the archaeological theme for this year's festivities.
- The Esopus: magnet for invasive species. This time, it's the water chestnut (but not the tasty kind).
- Hunter needs a name for its newest trail and the powers-that-be have opened it up to the community for suggestions.
- Despite our gloomy, rain-filled winter, we're at the beginnings of a drought.
- Anyone that's crossed the Wallkill River from New Paltz into the Shawangunks has crossed the Carmine Liberta Bridge. Rebuilt in 1941, the bridge is being examined to determine the extent of repairs or restoration needed.
- "Come for the bacon, stay for the music!" Makes you want to click on the link, right?
- Diary of a Transplant looks forward with enthusiasm to the Greene County Fair in Cairo next weekend.
- Ashokan Center nears completion. Spoiler alert: it's pretty.
|WCCRC Invites MBE / WBE Businesses To Be On Approved Contractor List|
|Seeking Grant Writer / Manager|
|Get Grilling and Countdown to Memorial Day Weekend!|
|Open Saurday, May 11, Lunch starting at noon|
|Andes Hotel Announcing Andes BBQ Company|
|A new face at the Pop-Up Market|
|Beeswax + catnip for all at the Pop-Up market|
|Handmade candles and soaps at the Pop-Up Market|
|Celebrate summer's beginning with The Sheep's Nest|
|LIFETIME workmanship warranty on all new roofs!|
|Vinyl siding and roof, Colchester, NY|
|Nominate your house for a free roof by Sunday|
|For rent: High traffic commercial space near Phoenicia|
|Tay Home's first event of the season !|
|MOTHER'S DAY EVENT @ TAY HOME!|
|Fleischmanns' largest street fair of the season comes on Saturday, May 25|
|Re-open Friday with new yummy menu.|
|Artists from the Juilliard School to perform at the Cyr Center|
|Water & Land: May 2013 IPM Workshop|
|Catskills Farmlink: Why Farm the Catskills?|
|Farm Tour: May 17|
|Kick off our 2013 season and the beginning of summer...come to our first performance of the season and get down!|
|Whimsical Metal Sculptures by John Jackson|
|Tamarack log style bedroom set|
|New youth bedroom set, now in stock!|
|New upholstery collection now in stock!|
|Check out our new logo and facebook page NOW! Thanks....|
|Gardenfest2013! And So We Danced...|
|Gardenfest2013! May 11th 10am-3pm|
|Edelweiss exclusive @$519,000|
|Catskill Honeymoon Cottage, exclusive @$149,000|
|How Primroses avoid incest!!!|
|Spring! OPEN! Spring! We've missed You!|
|Picturing America: Free Workshops Continue on National & Local History|
|RAILS TO THE CATSKILLS - Update|
|The 4 Seasons in Kortright|
|This Saturday: Tour a 5th-generation dairy farm|
|MOTHER’S DAY & WEEKEND SPECIALS|