By WP Newsroom on Tuesday, Apr. 6, 2010 - 5:14 pm
It turns out that New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's crusade on behalf of New York City drinking water only targeted about 10 percent of the drugs that humans flush down the toilet. The other 90 percent, according to an article in Time Magazine this... Read more
By WP Newsroom on Friday, Mar. 12, 2010 - 3:29 pm
The Catskill Watershed Corporation announced several funding decisions: a $255,000 loan for the Maverick Health Clinic in Phoenicia to relocate to Boiceville, and $36,493 in reimbursement for a Greene County motel's septic system. Press release below. cwc... Read more
By WP Newsroom on Friday, Mar. 5, 2010 - 2:41 pm
Dick May at Seeing Greene bemoans Greene County's dismal ranking in a recent list of New York State counties ranked by health: 59 out of 62. GreeneLand’s score on health “factors” got pushed down chiefly by the habits and traits of its inhabitants, rather... Read more
By WP Newsroom on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010 - 4:07 pm
Kingston Happenings profiles Sri Talla of the Kingston Pharmacy, a brand-new venture located in the former home of the Muddy Cup. Talla, who was born and raised in India and immigrated to the U.S. for his pharmaceutical training, said if a customer... Read more
By WP Newsroom on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010 - 2:49 pm
Incontrovertible evidence that New York City is losing its collective marbles.
By Lissa Harris on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010 - 9:09 pm
Since last summer, an outbreak of mumps has been spreading in New York and New Jersey, mostly among Orthodox Jews. The AP has the story: The 7-month-old outbreak began last summer at a boys camp in the Catskills. The campers were from Orthodox Jewish... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Friday, Feb. 5, 2010 - 8:21 pm
Capitol Tonight reports that a poll shows over 70 percent of New Yorkers in support of legalizing medical marijuana. (Click the link for a video report.) Assemblyman Richard Gottefried, who introduced the bill, argues marijuana shouldn't be treated... Read more
By Julia Reischel on Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010 - 10:36 am
We've been following the escalating dispute between Attorney General Andrew Cuomo and local officials over five upstate hospitals and nursing homes that have been fined for flushing drugs down the drain. Here's a timeline of the controversy with links to... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2010 - 8:54 pm
Delaware County Board of Supervisors chairman Jim Eisel submitted a grievance today to the Watershed Protection and Partnership Council. **Update: It has come to our attention that the letter below is a draft. ***Update 2: The county has sent it to the... Read more
By Lissa Harris on Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010 - 12:56 pm
The Oneonta paper has a story in today's edition about Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's crackdown on hospitals in the New York City watershed. Assemblyman Clifford Crouch (R-Guilford) raises the looming spectre of the hospitals losing their $1 million... Read more


Subscribe to health