Job ID: 242499
Business Title: Contract Officer
Civil Service Title: STAFF ANALYST
Title Code No: 12626 Level: 02
Job Category: Finance, Accounting, & Procurement
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Proposed Salary Range: $ 56,458.00 - $ 72,310.00 (Annual)
Work Location: 71 Smith Avenue, Kingston, NY
Division/Work Unit: IBM Complex
Hours/Shift: 35 Hours per week / Day shift
The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) protects public health and the environment by supplying clean drinking water, collecting and treating wastewater, and reducing air, noise and hazardous materials pollution. DEP is the largest combined municipal water and wastewater utility in the country, with nearly 6,000 employees. We deliver 1.1 billion gallons of high quality drinking water per day to 8.5 million New York City residents and more than 1 million people in Upstate New York, and we collect and treat an average of 1.3 billion gallons of wastewater per day.
The Bureau of Water Supply seeks to hire a Staff Analyst II for Management Services and Budget (MS&B) Contracting Unit, at offices located in Kingston, NY. Reporting to the Bureau Chief Contracting Officer, the Staff Analyst II will serve as a Contract Officer and work with Bureau and Agency staff to develop, submit, and track contract procurement documents including, but not limited to: contract specifications for Capital and Expense agreements valued at over $100,000, Pre-Solicitation Reviews (PSRs), bid documents, contract or insurance documents, requests for wage rates, funding certification documents, Local Law 63 documents, bid sheets, and MWBE (Minority & Women Business Enterprise) analyses. The selected candidate will update various reports to senior staff and project managers detailing the status of current BWS contracts and successor contract procurements. They shall also assist the Bureau Chief Contracting Officer with the development and implementation of Citywide, Agency, and Bureau initiatives, such as the development of comprehensive training materials and procurement standard operating procedures for Bureau Project Managers’ use, and contracting outreach efforts to provide staff with information on available sourcing methods for contracting needs.
This position will require regular travel to offices located in Valhalla and Queens, New York.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience working in one or a combination of the following areas: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; or in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; or in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, labor relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation or fiscal management; or in a related area.
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II, individuals must have, after meeting the minimum requirements, one additional year of professional experience as described in "2" above.
• Familiarity with the NYC Procurement Policy Board Rules, understanding Local Laws that impact procurement, and knowledge of procurement practices and principles.
• Experience working with project managers and technical staff.
• Excellent skills with MS Office products; (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Professional).
• Experience working with NYC financial management systems; (APT, FMS, VENDEX)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated commitment to detail and organization; strong ability to handle multiple activities concurrently on an ongoing basis.
• Flexible and able to conform to shifting priorities.
• Able to exercise independent judgment and decision making.
DEP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce. Your voluntary response to the NYCAPS on-line application section for referral information will assist us tremendously in our ability to track the success or our outreach and recruitment efforts. Please be sure to indicate your source of referral to this job. Kingston is a City in Ulster County, New York, approximately 91 miles north of New York City.
Go to NYC Careers https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ and enter Job ID Number 242499 in the Quick Search box.
For current City employees, log onto Employee Self Service and search for Job ID Number 242499.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer