- Outdoor Guide
- Sponsored Content
Old Stone Fort Museum Complex
145 Fort RoadSchoharie, NY 12157
The Old Stone Fort Museum was built as a church in 1772, fortified in 1777 and attacked by British forces in 1780. Returned to church use after the war, it later served as a State armory during the Civil War. Given to Schoharie County for preservation in 1873 it became a museum in 1889.
The Museum’s complex includes an early 1700s home, 1780s Dutch barn, 1830s law office and 1890s one-room school. There is also a genealogy research library and a museum store.
Annual event Columbus Day weekend, plus smaller events, activities and lecture programs. School and group programs available.
Open May through October